Sunday, June 9, 2013

Intro...

First things first...
My name is Kaj, rhymes with sky. Got it? 
    It may take me a few "blogs", btw I really don't like the word "blog" but whatever it is what it is, to get the hang of the this platform so please bear with me. I have a mission, as I would think most "bloggers" do (again I really hate that word). 

    Point is, I wanted to create a place for injured athletes of all types but especially for you folks that fall into the category "XTREME!!!" Here is another word I find to be a little ridiculous to describe the sports I'm reaching out towards, but again leave it to the masses to coin a phrase for something that we, as athletes of these extreme sports have to deal with. Just my opinion, I find it more of something that I enjoy doing and don't consider it to be extreme. Dangerous on the other hand....yes.

    All right let me get this out of the way now and list a few sports that I can think of off hand that the general public will consider extreme; Skydiving, B.A.S.E., speedflying, motocross, skateboarding, downhill skiing, generally whatever your passion is that basically puts your body in harms way we will call extreme. But, remember this is place for athletes of all types and individuals who have sustained some sort of trauma doing what they love or even just plain ol' bad luck, for example: you were crossing the street and somebody who wasn't paying attention behind the wheel who happened to run you over, breaking your back or femur or even worse both.

    Think of this blog as a place where you can learn from someone else's mistake, what their injury was, how the recovery process went, what hardships they endured as they healed, be it the physical and/or mental that goes with the territory of wrecking one self. As things develop I'll be adding all sorts of stuff, links and whatever other information that is helpful for you - the community. 

    Now you may be asking yourself, who the hell and what did this guy do to himself? Just to give you a bit of an idea of who I am and what sport(s) I really enjoy, I like flight, I take that back I LOVE flight. Granted I've only been in canopy sports for the past 3yrs, it took me 35 years to realize how badass flying can be. It all started with my first tandem skydive, quickly after I blazed through the AFF program and was on my way to becoming a licensed skydiver (B-), soon after I started ground-launching skydiving canopies off sand dunes which then progressed into speedflying and speedwing soaring the California coast and inland mountains. Although I absolutely enjoy jumping out of "perfectly good airplanes", which by the way there is no such thing, I really found myself drawn to the discipline of speedflying. With speedflying you find yourself sometimes on top of a remote mountain that you had to hike in order to fly down. The way I look at it is there is a bit more adventure involved then driving to your local DZ every weekend to crank out a bunch of jumps over the same spot, but don't get me wrong I LOVE SKYDIVING, I just like speedflying more, which inherently leads to my story of testing gravity and taking Earth on in a one on one battle for my soul...

Earth Hurts...

No comments:

Post a Comment